Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

Had an unfortunate incident of finding a dead, electrocuted mouse in
electronic gear tonight, more unfortunately before it died, it managed
to consume a large part of an antistatic bag, and left piss on several
small areas of a PCB, including under some surface mount components,
and around and under an 8 pin surface mount IC.

The PCB still works, so its worth a shot at cleaning it up, before its
too late

Before I risk making the matter worse, can anyone suggest a cleaning
method to get rid of as much of the residue as possible without
damage, and minimising future damage.

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

    Maybe some gentle washing with warm distilled water and cotton buds,
then making sure it's completely dry before re-applying power. I've
cleaned contaminated boards that way and I don't remember having any
problems afterward.

Bob

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

"kreed"

**  Warm water and some dish washing liquid is all you need to take the *
Micky *  out of that mouse residue.

Gentle scrubbing with a tooth brush will help,  then rinse with lotsa clean,
warm water.

Dry with some warm  air from a hair dryer.

No Daffy idea at all.

.......   Phil

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

The only way is by gently licking the affected area.

geoff

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

& watch out for tin whiskers.

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

Seriously, mouse urine contains acid. Neutralise with mild alkaline (washing
soda solution) and then wash with distilled water all allow to dry. All
while unenergised of course.

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

That explains the sour taste.

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

Oh, and un powered! That explains the sizzling sensation...

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

Isopropyl alchohol works good. Make sure it is 99% as it leaves no
residue.

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

and tast good to

Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB

Are you sure that won't dissolve any plastic/insulation?

Site Timeline