Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Cleaning mouse urine from PCB
November 28, 2007, 1:20 pm
rate this thread
Had an unfortunate incident of finding a dead, electrocuted mouse in
electronic gear tonight, more unfortunately before it died, it managed
to consume a large part of an antistatic bag, and left piss on several
small areas of a PCB, including under some surface mount components,
and around and under an 8 pin surface mount IC.
The PCB still works, so its worth a shot at cleaning it up, before its
Before I risk making the matter worse, can anyone suggest a cleaning
method to get rid of as much of the residue as possible without
damage, and minimising future damage.
Re: Cleaning mouse urine from PCB
** Warm water and some dish washing liquid is all you need to take the *
Micky * out of that mouse residue.
Gentle scrubbing with a tooth brush will help, then rinse with lotsa clean,
Dry with some warm air from a hair dryer.
No Daffy idea at all.
- » Disruptive Technology: 3's SkypePhone - talk 4,000 min / mon handset-2-handset, etc.
- — Next thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » [te koop] Cassette deck Tandberg 3034 (als DEFECT)
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics (Dutch)