chip codes for Pentium CPUs

I've been cleaning up my collection of CPU's last few days and frankly don't have much of a clue as to what most are.

what I am looking for either

a) jargon to get the info off google, or b) a handy url

that gives all the chip codes for the Intel Pentium I so I can identify speed, etc.

TIA

__ no bongo

Reply to
Terry Collins

It's written on the bottom of the CPU

Reply to
Lord Garth

You can try to find the info you want in this Intel doc: ftp://download.intel.com/design/pentium/specupdt/24248036.pdf

Gary

Reply to
Gary

speed .. well its says something like 20120-23

and you can see its a 120mhz

20166-43 will be 166,

20xxx-yy is xxx mhz.

pretty obvious when you look at the chip what it is.

When they went to lower voltages (mmx), they wrote the voltage and bus and multiplier on the bottom too.

Reply to
Barthomelew Baggins.

Thanks all. Helpful. I now know which to test for keeping until I decide to ditch the motherborads for Pentium chips.

If I wore ties that often, I would have just turned the others into tie clips.

Reply to
Terry Collins