Chinglish

I'm servicing a headphone amp today. The client thoughtfully supplied the
instruction manual with the unit.

Every page contains some of the most hilarious stuff I've read. Here's a
couple of excerpts:

---
"The faucet of our product is standard 6.5mm output faucet, most of the
faucet is selling in the market is standard 3.5mm output faucet; if you want
Re: Chinglish

I've met a lot of Chinese on the internet who love to speak English and
are keen to meet people they can practice with. I think if they had more
contact with English speakers they'd be much better at it.

Re: Chinglish

to keyboard and composed:

In this particular case it would be advisable for the Chinese
manufacturer to engage a native English speaker (other than Google's
translator) to proofread and correct their documentation. I would hope
that all Western manufacturers use native speakers to produce docs for
their target markets.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Chinglish

On Sat, 24 Oct 2009 09:58:38 +1100, Franc Zabkar

Dunno how I score then.  I write manuals in Australian for products
destined in large part for Merkins ;-)

Re: Chinglish

I once had a job with a Japanese company, where I often had to translate
Jinglish stuff into English for the benefit of the local tech's.

  . | ,. w ,   "Some people are alive only because