Changing face of Sydney's Silicon Alley.

Do you remember the original Jaycar / John Carr in a basement in Haymarket. Anything is an improvement over that store.

Reply to
Two Bob

IIRC Applied Technology is the Microbee mob owned by Owen Hill. EA Editor Jim Rowe did a stint there when he was between publishing jobs.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Forgive my ignorance but what does IIRC stand for malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm Smith

If I Recall Correctly.

I was going to direct you to sites that contain such acronyms, but I've still to find one that contains everything (or even most of) the ones we used back in the Fido days.

I hope they're not dying, present-day trend is to use those stupid abbreviations.

C U LTr. Sigh, a sign of things to come (or are they here already?).

ANFSE. It's quite sad really.

--
Linux Registered User # 302622
Reply to

Microbee and Owen Hill happened a long time after Applied Technology started. I remember going up there in the mid-late 70's for very early mpu's, way before the Z80.

Reply to
swanny

Not National Semiconductor SC/MPs...?

Reply to
Bob Parker

The very same. Followed by the 2650 a few years later.

Reply to
swanny

Reply to
Malcolm Smith

Or "If I Remember Correctly", depending on who you believe :-) Meaning is the same though, unlike all the ambiguous ones like LOL, which once means Lot's of Love or Laughing Out Loud depending on context

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

or Lots Of Laughter!

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

which

Yep, that's the trouble with three letter acronyms, just about anything can fit, and they get used for many different meanings. My favourite is still "TLA". though :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

"Mr.T"

** See:

then bloody POQ !!!

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

...what about Oxford St? Radio House near Martin Place? Great places for me as a kid. And the tobacco shop in Pitt St used to save all their cigar boxes for me

David

"David L. J>

Reply to
quietguy

...and does anyone remember Kerrs Corner in Stanmore? It was my first job managing a store when I was a kid of 17 - ah memories

David

"David L. J> I have fond memories of spending many hours in "Silicon Alley" as a

Reply to
quietguy

But who here remembers Lisle Street in London?

"quietguy" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@REMOVE-TO-REPLYconfidential-counselling.com...

Reply to
Gingre