Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Ceramic disc 100nF vs Mono ceramic 100nF
December 17, 2007, 12:25 am
rate this thread
I have in my collection of capacitors, some ceramic disc 100nF and
monolithic blue ceramic 100nF.
Can they be substituted for each other? I have been having a difficult
time searching for anything that is conclusive, or for that matter
anything suggesting a use for the mono's.
They are both 50v, 100nF, ceramic type.
Re: Thank you Was: Re: Ceramic disc 100nF vs Mono ceramic 100nF
Yes, in all but the most critical cases where the circuit relies upon
a some very specific characteristic of the capacitor.
Low dropout voltage regulators are one example where the capacitor can
be fairly critical (the 7805 is not one of these, so is much more
- » LOL OTT The 15 Most Hilarious, Absurd And Brutal Rate My Teacher Comments Ever!
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Hate crimes against Moselms are up 1173% in 2016
- — Last Updated thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » OT: Nothing Happened in Sweden Again Last Night
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design
- » Best place for a hobbiest to buy small amounts of parts?
- — The site's Last Updated Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design