Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget - Page 4

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

With cable, that?s because they arent enough of a market
to warrant cable, they get satellite PayTV instead.

ADSL2+ is available in most towns.

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

I'm not too worried about cable, even I don't have cable in my
neighbourhood.
It ain't worth the trouble laying cables when ADSL is fast enough for most
of the average people.

Near the towns, that may be true. Further away from the town outside ADSL
availability circle they can only rely on satellite internet, right?!

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

It is true.

Wrong. They all have wireless available too.

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

At what average speeds, according to your research?!

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

Only one step down from the 4G seen in the larger
towns now and that will be changing over time too
as 4G moves out to everywhere on the Telstra system.

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

That sounds promising.
I'm yet to trial a 4G phone and speeds they can provide.

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget
On 22-Jul-13 11:01 AM, Don McKenzie wrote:

Hmmm...

I have the NBN pulling in cables at the top end of my street this morning.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

Welcome to the world of knowledge and modern civilization.
A world of justice, freedom, liberty and democracy.
--
Petzl
http://tinyurl.com/AbbottsPorkPies

NBN brings all of that?!!!
How so?

Re: Building a Fibre NBN on a Copper budget

Sounds like you are about get lucky.