aus.Re: DI 101? - Page 4

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   How do you propose to get into the US without using both?

   that's no excuse.  if you don't like it, you can find a different
job.

   Sure I do.  That's why I stay at home.  I've already met enough
ignorant foreign tourists to last me several lifetimes.  The bad to good
ratio has been about 20 to 1.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

How's the dollar Michael?

  Kind regards

  Peter Larsen

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Improving.

Doesn't matter what the dollar is worth if you've got enough of them to live
well. Almost all US inhabitants do. The rest need to either get a job or at
least apply for welfare. ;-)

Remember that in the US we are whining about paying 1/3 to 1/4 as much for
gasoline as most of the rest of the world.

The dollar is still the official legal tender in many countries other than
the US. And defacto legal tender in many more.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

A dunce in three subjects in one thread:
History, geography and now economics.

Come on Arny, tell us more:-)

Iain

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

None of which has been proven, BTW.

Ian, you seem to be way too old to learn new tricks. Of course that seems to
have been true when you were six, as well. :-(

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Erm. Hardly!.
When the European Monetary Union was established
by  The Maastricht Treaty of 1992, the value of the
Euro was set at parity with the USD.

Now it stands at Euro 1 =  USD1.488

"Improving" eh?  :-)

Iain

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Note that Ian has no concept of recent improvements.

But last month it was Euro 1 = USD 1.58, and in April it peaked at 1.60.

That's called an improvement, since you obviously couldn't figure it out for
yourself, Ian.

Very much so, but one needs to have current and historical knowlege to
appreciate it.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

There's a few non-EU countries using the Euro too.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   Which dollar?  Another vague question, as usual. Two of the groups
are Australian, so it would imply you are asking about their dollar.

IP address:                     87.54.70.178
Reverse DNS:                    0x573646b2.bynxx10.dynamic.dsl.tele.dk.
Reverse DNS authenticity:       [Verified]
ASN:                            3292
ASN Name:                       TDC (TDC Data Networks)
IP range connectivity:          2
Registrar (per ASN):            RIPE
Country (per IP registrar):     DK [Denmark]
Country Currency:               DKK [Denmark Kroner]
Country IP Range:               87.48.0.0 to 87.63.255.255
Country fraud profile:          Normal
City (per outside source):      Birker?D, Frederiksborg
Country (per outside source):   DK [Denmark]
Private (internal) IP?          No
IP address registrar:           whois.ripe.net
Known Proxy?                    No

shows you to be in Europe.  If you are so worried about OUR dollar, why
are we still flooded with foreign tourists?  Thanks to them my taxes are
higher. They want to be right on the beach, so that is where the hotels
are.  That more than doubles the cost of my homeowner's insurance.  The
accidents caused by tourists makes my truck insurance higher.  One of
the early 'Attractions' is nearby, and it's obvious that a lot of
drivers have never been in the area before.

   Gasoline in my area of Florida has dropped from $4.17 a gallon to
$3.67 a gallon in  the last three weeks.  That is about a 12% drop.
Most prices for food and other necessities have only risen a few percent
in the last year, which has happened almost every year I've been on this
earth.  I have seen a few local businesses close, but the lease was up,
and the owner had already planned to retire.  I've also seen new
businesses open, and others expanding.  We have two large chain stores
building new stores less than eight miles from here, and between them
they will be hiring about 300 people. Several other large stores have
opened in the last six months, which was another 250 jobs.

   Yes, the home building industry is down, but they had been building
homes on speculation for several years, and had a six month inventory.
Soon, that will be gone, and the work will pick up.  A lot of custom
homes are still being built, including homes in "The Villages" which is
one of the largest retirement communities in the country.  It has fill
large parts of three counties, and is still growing.  They even have
their own VA clinic, to teat the residents who served the US military.

   Personally, I am paying all my bills, eating well, my mortgage  is
almost paid off, and I don't have to go panhandle.  Yes, some people are
out of work, but it will return.  Some industries can't find enough
skilled labor, like real machinists, since the "Weak" US dollar is
creating more demand for our products.  A "high" dollar can be as
destructive as a low one, or didn't you study economics?  A high dollar
leads to inflation, makes people lazy, they overspend, and when a little
ripple hits, they are screwed.  I have always lived a frugal life.  I
don't buy things to impress others, but I do buy the best quality I can,
for things I expect to last.

    The worst part is arrogant tourists who expect us to kiss their ass,
simply because they flew across an ocean.  Nt all of them are like that,
but the ones that are leave a foul stench in the air.   When I hear how
much better things are in some other country I simply ask them, Why do
you keep coming back?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Not vague in as much as it was a question to a very american american
poster.

  Kind regards

  Peter Larsen

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   Gasoline dropped another ten cents a gallon since yesterday, for 50
cents in three weeks.  It is now $3.57 a gallon, down from $4.07 per
gallon.

   What are you paying, per gallon?  Or per liter, if you can't do the
conversion?

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Which kind of gallon ?

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Funny, that is what is said about american tourists all over the world.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

They typically do a country per day don't they on European trips. Must be very
instructive.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

I have no quibble with US Customs, they are usually courtious and
unobtrusive, the total opposite of the surly bastards at immigration

No intention to, I get very well rewarded, and every job has some sort of
shit to put up with.

What goes around comes around, US tourists don't have a good reputation
abroad.

Keith

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

LMAO ! I expect they want to find a Wally World everywhere.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Unlike the well regarded British Lager Lout, who expects a kebab shop.

Jim

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Most of the world is a very dangerous, illogical place compared to the US. I
admit it, we're spoiled. ;-)

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Compared to Detroit? You must be joking.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Note that we call Detroit "A third world city".  Most of the world is the
third world.

Most people assaulted or murdered in Detroit know their assailant. If you're
a stranger, you are many times safer.

My wife and I ride our  bikes through the city at will. Never had even a
threatening experience.

Site Timeline