aus.Re: DI 101? - Page 3

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Laggards ?

Volvo (who own Mack for starters).
Saab AB (heavily into aerospace)
ABB (Asea Brown Boveri - one of the largest engineering companies in the
world and heavily into electrical power engineering)

All top players in their respective leagues.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Ah that great american combination of arrogance and ignorance.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Obviously, they have feelings of inferiority or why else would they be
trying to re-balance the books?

Prove it.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Claiming to have won both world wars single handed would be a good start.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

The repulsive part is when the generation that wasn't even born acts like
we owe them everything that is truely repulsive.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Since the U.S. hardly played in WW1, that must be some Brit that you are
talking about...

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

I am fully aware that they only arrived near the end Arnie, but that
doesn't stop many of your countrymen from claiming full credit for the
outcome.

PS. I don't blame the US for not wanting to get involved in a stupid
quarrel between the various european royal families. Most of their
subjects would rather not have been involved either, especially the ones
who got killed for no reason at all.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

So what? Just because a few americans don't have their heads on straight,
does that make it fair to characterize us all that way?

Truth is, most modern americans hardly remember WW1, their recollections of
WW2 are second hand at best, and even the Vietnam war is fading from the
collective memory pretty fast.

Europe is still the biggest collection of illogical minds who should know
better, around. The fact that each European country still thinks it is a
soveriegn state, until lately had its own currency, until lately guarded its
borders and treated the people next door like foreigners, and still can't
figure out a common language to speak. This  is a real hoot except that it
is so sad. Heck, even the Canadians are language-stoopid.

Fact is in the US we have counties and cities that are larger, richer, more
populous, more diverse, more cosmopolitan than some European countries. The
only thing that keeps you apart is your egos.

For my whole life, my parents life, and my grandparents lives we've been
able to go any place among the 50 states whenever we wanted to, no customs,
no formal border crossing, talk the same language, spend the same money, and
if we met nominal residency requirements, vote in the local elections.

Europe was fighting wars among itself and killing millions of each other, on
several occasions since, when my grand parents came to the US and enjoyed
the same liberties I do, in the 1800s.

So you europeans smartened up a little just lately. You still have a long
way to go before you'll be where the US was two (2) centuries back in the
1800s.

Pick at nits if you will. My ankles hardly notice it.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

You obviously don't have the History Channel over there then !

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

History is tightly bound to culture. If what
Arny states above is true, this would explain
why the majority of US high school students
think that Joan of Arc was Noah's wife:-)

Iain

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Speaks for itself.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   America is better off with you in OZ, as well. You are an illiterate
moron.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

May I interject and remind you that the rest of the World believes they are
better off with you guys keeping Arny ;-)  Oh and add to that George (Snr.
and Jnr.), both Bills (Gates and Clinton), Al Gore and ........ sigh........
I feel it could be a long list :-))

Although if anyone one out there wants our Philthy Allison we can work out a
deal I'm sure.  Perhaps a swap for a Rosie O'Donnel or some nuclear waste?
;-)  We are open to suggestions and will even throw in a cash incentive :-)

Cheers TT

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   Don't you remeber? They used Rosie & lots of nuclear waste to make
Phil, in the first place!  Phil was from the second try.  The first try
produced Eeyore.  ;-)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Not everybody wants what you want Arnie, what is so difficult about
that. You, and a lot of your countrymen seem to have great problems
understanding it.

Ah, if only the whole world were like America, God would be in his
heaven and all would be right with the world. the truth is that the
French like being French, the Germans like being German and so on. Very
few want to be American. American cities may be more diverse that a lot
of European ones (but not all) they certainly are not more cosmopolitan,
and America as a whole certainly is not more diverse or cosmopolitan
than Europe, or for that matter Australia. New York is certainly richer
and more populous than Australia for instance, but having experienced
both, I know which I'd rather live in.

Same with any country, the US just happens to be bigger than most. I can
travel anywhere in Australia, settle down and vote anywhere. As a bonus,
the Australain government does not forbid me to travel anywhere, and I
can buy stuff from any country at all.

I seem to remember that during the 1800s there was a somewhat vicious
war going on within the US.

ROFL

One of the skills in life is to be able to tell what are nits and what
are not, you obviously have failed.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Well I can't fault your knowledge of history there. However for the Germans,
they must have realised the game was up then.

Graham

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Patriotism is the last refugee to which a scoundrel clings
who gives a rats ass what country your from? really who?
My flags better than your flag
my gods better than your god
my women are better than your women
what complete bullshit
who the fuck cares? really who?

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

You seem to have totally missed the point.
The articles to which I refer are a a matter
of cultural, educational and social comparison.
They reveal stark differences in sosio-economic
values.

They have nothing to do with patriotism.

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

   The wait wouldn't be that long if they didn't keep finding enough
illegal crap, to justify their operating budget.  Also, if you don't
like the way we do things, you are free to stay home.

   America!  Love it, or stay home.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: aus.Re: DI 101?

Immigration officials don't find illegal crap, that is customs and they, by
comparison, are quite easy to get along with.

Actually, I am not, I don't go there for pleasure, I go there to work

America! Put up with it, you don't have a choice

Site Timeline