any Digi-Key Corporation customers here

I was just interested to know what they are like to deal with

http://www.digikey.com/

I found it after using "part finder" +electronics

I really wanted a SFH 5110-36 infra red receiver IC [or a equivalent part]

Now RS component sell it in a pack of 5 @ $10  each [screw that idea]
I could understand if they sold it in packs of five when something cost say
$2 each, but I dont wish to take out a bank loan just so I can get my hands
on one part, one item.

Re: any Digi-Key Corporation customers here

digikey are great. purchased from them many times.

BUT unless you are ordering several hundred dollars worth of goods, it
may defeat the purpose, as the shipping costs can kill the transaction.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Re: any Digi-Key Corporation customers here

    I agree with Don 100%.

Bob

Re: any Digi-Key Corporation customers here

thanks jokers

I did consider asking Don to get it (add it in with his order, sometime in
the distant future, no rush) and share the postage cost, after I give him my
credit card number,

in the end I went to Farnell and got a equivalent item, I am get three
different items, and at "Total : $15.84"   sounds a bloody lot cheaper than
RS with their track record could of been as much as $150 for 15 items, I
only want 1 (at the moment)

    I agree with Don 100%.

Bob

Re: any Digi-Key Corporation customers here

Frank,
I don't do a regular run on Digikey, so what you did was the best and
cheapest way to go about it.

Don...