Am I restricted to one RSP on the NBN?

I have sent the following enquiry to NBN Co. Meanwhile, I would be
interested if any of you know the answer or if you have an opinion on
what the answer should be.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Your FAQ indicates that in order to connect to your network in
Tasmania customers must select one, and only one, Retail Service
Provider. Is this your general policy or is it merely a reflection of
the current state of your network?

When the network is more mature will I will be able to deal directly
with multiple content providers or will I be restricted to the
offerings of one Retail Service Provider?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards, Gordon.

Re: Am I restricted to one RSP on the NBN?

Your issue is with the fact that you are limited to only one *service*
provider, yet your letter questions whether you will be able to deal
with more than one *content* provider.

You are asking the wrong people. The answer will be provided to you when
the ALP government's new content research ally, Intel (which is globally
famous for *content* applications) comes up with a global strategic plan
for content applications.

HTH.