ACMA approves in-flight mobile use

Jul 30, 2010
Australia's communications regulator has given airlines the green light to allow
passengers to use their mobiles in the air
whilst in Australian airspace.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority said airlines could offer
satellite services that passengers would access
through roaming arrangements with their carriers.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/221450,acma-approves-in-flight-mobile-use.aspx

====================================

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: ACMA approves in-flight mobile use

and the cost for voice and SMS is set at international roaming rates.

Re: ACMA approves in-flight mobile use

Ridiculous. Is no where sacred? It will be just as bad as screaming kids!
Painful

Re: ACMA approves in-flight mobile use

Now if they simply banned them in the air, and allowed their use on the ground
at all times, I feel they would have the right
mix, and not cost anyone anything extra. But I know the airlines will chase the
almighty dollar, and install in-air services at
rude rates.

Yes, you are correct, loud voices on mobiles at all the times, will drive most
people mad.

Now if we had no voice services, but text and data only, I'm sure it would be
workable.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie