Release 3.18.7-v7+ versus 3.18.7+-v7

I've downloaded 2015-02-16-raspbian-wheezy for a Pi2, and I want to build
some matching kernel modules, so I followed the firmware version to get
the linux source tarball, and unpacked that. In there, I've done the
"make prepare" which creates include/generated/utsrelease.h
cat /mnt/linux/linux/include/generated/utsrelease.h
#define UTS_RELEASE "3.18.7+-v7"
uname -r
3.18.7-v7+
Any idea why these strings don't match (the "+" is in a different place)?
It causes my kernel modules to fail to load, because the release they are
built for (3.18.7+-v7) doesn't match the running system (3.18.7-v7+).
--
Andrew Gabriel
Reply to