Raspberry Pi B+ header board for smart home automation

Turning off soldermask and silkscreen gets me back to the ?45.94 price for dual-layer. I see the same price as you with soldermask and a single silkscreen ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

It does feel very clunky by modern standards, full page refreshes every time time you click a radio button etc

Yes net is without VAT, gross is with it, since they're in .ie you get

23% rather than the .uk 20% rate.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Good for you laddie. I support competition which makes the economy healthier. :)

BTW, it was only while watching Torchwood that I learned that the citizens of the UK make a much bigger distinction than we do between England, Brittan, UK, Commonwealth, etc. One of the characters was confronting a bad gal who said, "You're the best England's got to offer." The reply was, "I'm Welsh." and a punch in the face. lol

That triggered a google search on all those various terms of nationality related to England. Seems they are varied and not at all few. Hard to assimilate really.

--

Rick
Reply to

Have a handy Euler diagram :-)

Reply to
Andy Burns

I think you'll find it's the citizens of Wales and Scotland who make a lot of the distinction. Apart from football, the English don't distinguish nearly as much.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@adamshome.org.uk

That part I get. They are updating the price you see at the bottom. My main complain is that I don't always know what to expect when I click a link and I can't always find what I'm looking for. Feeling like you don't know what is going on with a web page does not make you want to click the order button.

What's .ie?

The last price I got was $86.54 with no VAT included, even the gross. lol

--

Rick
Reply to

It's pretty common for US sellers to charge silly amounts for postage to the UK and presumably the Rest of the World that isn't one of the American States.

Not sure why other than possibly not wanting to deal with "export" forms, etc and not looking about for a decent international carrier. Just hand it over to the USPS...

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Ireland.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Speak for yourself, I always declare myself as English not British!

--
"Laugh while you can, monkey-boy."
-- Dr. Emilio Lizardo

But your name is Scottish. :-)

Reply to
Rob Morley

And I'm Scottish - living in Engurland.

I did spend about 3 years living in the US once. That provoked a lot of intersting thought in some of the people I met.

Gordon

Reply to
Gordon Henderson

Never said I had anything against the Jocks or the Taff's, besides I didn' choose the name my dad did (& he claims to be English not British as well)

for those who do find the situation confusing try to think of it like school houses, there is a lot of inter house rivalry but still unit for inter-school competitions.

--
The new Congressmen say they're going to turn the government around.  I
hope I don't get run over again.

I'm really confused now. Which flavor of English was that???

Did you mean, "there is a lot of ***intra-house*** rivalry but still

***unite*** for inter-school competitions"?

;-)

--

Rick
Reply to

In comp.sys.raspberry-pi message , Fri, 12 Dec 2014 19:29:13, Andy Burns posted:

We also do not spell all of them quite like that.

All IIRC :

The areas for Guernsey and Jersey should each include "Bailiwick of", or the Guernsey area should include Alderney and Sark, or both areas should be enclosed in a "Channel Islands" area. In the latter case, to reduce confusion, there could be another "Channel Islands", far beyond the Pale (they are nearer to VAFB).

Northern Ireland has a land border, and so should not IMHO be in a grandparent region called "British Islands", whatever they say.

Is there anything interesting about Date & Time (including bugs, and especially in JavaScript) on Pi systems?

--
 (c) John Stockton, nr London, UK.   E-mail, see Home Page.    Turnpike v6.05.
 Website   - w. FAQish topics, links, acronyms

Not intra-house but inter-house - a school has several houses, typically red yellow green and blue if they're not based on actual houses, but read Harry Potter for more interesting names.

Reply to
Rob Morley

My school had named houses each of which used one of those colours.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

did you mean "which *** flavour*** of English was that" ?

Also is is Britain not Brittan but i tend to refrain from picking on grammar & spelling as I know i am less than perfect ;-)

Definitely inter not intra (although a hyphen may have been appropriate & sometime the spell cheque doesn't spot a dropped letter

--
SHHHH!!  I hear SIX TATTOOED TRUCK-DRIVERS tossing ENGINE BLOCKS into
empty OIL DRUMS ...

I doubt there's anything specific to a Pi that wouldn't exist on the same O/S on other hardware without an RTC.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yey Slytherin!

--
Bah, and indeed, Humbug
Reply to

England shares land borders with Scotland and Wales but that doesn't stop it being part of mainland Britain which is an island that is part of the British Islands.

Reply to
Rob Morley