Raspberry apple pi

Greeting fello raspberrians, Im lookig for a image file of mac osx to install on mi pi 3b+ I cant make on as I dont have a mac to do all the foot work so im asking anyone who has a mac to see if i can get a copy made.If you do a search for mac raspberry pi you should come up with video how to make such a file. Hopefull someone can help. I know copy right law. But if you check osx

9 is free i would preffer a newer system but ill take what I can get. Thanks Sam Penwright aka Datalus skylab-systems.com port 2325
Reply to
Datalus

On 05/01/18, Dennis Lee Bieber said the following... DL> Such binaries will not run on an ARM -- completely different DL> DL> Why should we do the search? If you know there is such a video,

Well thank you for that, first off there are so many different videos and I have very little information with pi, I might have left it at DL> Such binaries will not run on an ARM -- completely different and let it go at that. I have help others with such messages and was glad to help. but hay no problem thanks for the reply Sam Penwright

Reply to
Datalus

Well I doubt you will find one.

OSX is not built for ARM chips

I cant make on as I dont have a mac to do all the foot work so

--
Any fool can believe in principles -  and most of them do!
Reply to

On a sunny day (Tue, 01 May 2018 12:28:35 +1200) it happened snipped-for-privacy@f120.n23.z1.binkp.net (Datalus) wrote in :

This seems to be an interesting site:

Nice job!

Hey I once worked on a mac like that, No I do not have that image.

So, you need an emulator on the Pi to run that mac OS on.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On Tue, 01 May 2018 12:28:35 +1200, snipped-for-privacy@f120.n23.z1.binkp.net (Datalus) declaimed the following:

OS-X binaries are designed for Intel architecture chips (I don't recall the last version that ran on Motorola or PowerPC chips).

Such binaries will not run on an ARM -- completely different instruction set and peripherals. To produce a version of OS-X for an ARM will require obtaining the complete source code (if in a high-level language -- for Apple that might be Objective-C; and some modules are likely in Intel assembler), setting up a cross-compiler environment (I'm presuming one wouldn't want to spend the days trying to compile on the R-Pi) and rewriting any assembler modules.

Why should we do the search? If you know there is such a video, why didn't you include a link to it?

Are you sure what you saw wasn't someone running a virtual environment on an R-Pi that included emulation/simulation of an Intel processor? Many virtual environments still require the binaries to be in the native architecture...

QEMU

supposedly emulates processors. If a prebuilt binary is not available in the R-Pi package manager, you'll likely have to download the source and build QEMU on the R-Pi (or on a cross-compilation environment set up elsewhere).

Dennis Lee Bieber

IIRC, it was OS X 10.5 (do not remember which cat is was called).

--

-TV
Reply to

In article (Dans l'article) , Tauno Voipio

Mac OS X 10.5 = Leopard

--
Jean-Pierre Kuypers
Reply to