raspberri pi model b+ v1.2 screen problem

i have a RaspberriPi Model B+ V1.2 2014 and a TFT35 Touch Shield for RPi by keyestudio. I have had a difficult time setting up the touchscreen to work. I've got the o/s installed and when i boot up with hdmi output i have access to the os with mouse and keyboard and internet, however when i boot up with the touch screen only, i get only a white screen. once in a while it will boot up and i can use the screen. but that is extremely rare. I would like to get this thing working again

Reply to
Andrew Degenhardt