Ejecting a network-mounted volume without using umount

I have mounted a volume from my Mac on my Pi and it shows up nicely on the desktop. This is using the default OS. It seems to have used AFP for the mount.

Now, how do I unmount it? On the Mac, I'd do right-mouse on the volume and choose Eject - Simples! - but I don't see anything equivalent on the Pi.

--
Tim
Reply to

I'm surprised, when I right click on mounted volume icons I'm offered 'unmount volume'.

You can always do it from the command line:-

umount /dev/xxx

or even just 'eject' at the command line.

--
Chris Green
Reply to

afp uses FUSE - it's not based on devices.

I've used sshfs mounted files systems (sshfs use FUSE too) and you might try fusermount -u . You first need to know which local directory is used as the mount point, e.g. ~/mnt

fusermount -u ~/mnt

make sure no processes have anything open on the MAC.

Google also suggests using the afp_client command which has an unmount option.

Reply to
Jim Jackson

That's where I would have expected to see it too. But no.

It seems to be mounted at:

/run/user/1000/gvfs/afp-volume:host=Third-Mini,volume=Mini-3%20External%20SSD

--
Tim
Reply to