Problem renew letsencrypt certificate for nginx on raspian

Hi all,

today I tryed to renew my ssl letsencrypt certificates by calling:

./certbot-auto --config /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/mydomain.123.xyz.conf certonly

after a lot of messages the script hangs at:

Installing Phyton packages...

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

eric

Reply to
Eric Bruecklmeier

Not a clue. That said, I dug up this site, and this came up:

Can you provide the log of this? By default, logs are stored in /var/log/letsencrypt.

It would be very nice if the log output details what it is doing.

I see certbot packages in Debian, but I am unsure if they appear in Raspbian. And someone has tackled that issue:

isn't looking good, either.
I R A Darth Aggie

Typo?

A wild guess would be that you don't have Python installed and it is required.

Dave.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:29:11 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice" declaimed the following:

That would be a rather weird OS install, given that Python is billed as the "native" programming environment for the Raspberry Pi

Dennis Lee Bieber

It?s also not consistent with the reported behavior, which was a hang. Trying to run Python programs without Python installed will produce an error message very quickly indeed.

For people who prefer diagnosis to guesswork, strace would be the first tool to reach for in this case, to find out what the process is waiting for.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/
Reply to