Powering a Pi Zero from Li-ion batteries

Yes I was thinking I'd go that way even though a decent balancing LiPo charger isn't necessarily cheap, it would get other uses: I'm thinking of having a crack at free flight scale models of early jets with EDF in the nacelles - think He 162, ME 262 or a Canberra. I know Ivan Taylor well and have seen his earlier EDF models fly, though I haven't seen his TSR2 yet.

However, the Pimoroni PowerBoost 1000 Charger is exactly what I want.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

That's good to know.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

Thanks - saved for future reference.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org

Got my 8 foot wingspan old timer ready to finish off sometime...

Yes. It's made for the purpose isn't it?

fully understood.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Most packs that die, die from abuse - mainly over discharge. I fly very conservatively. My packs last.,..

fully understood.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Good point --- & I think that is true of the ones we have.

--
"Gonzo, is that the contract from the devil?"
"No, Kermit, it's worse than that. This is the bill from special

Electric is still quite new to me, hence the silly questions.

I flew mostly F1A competition FF gliders with 1/2A and F1J (small competition power models) until I got hooked on full-size gliding, so now I fly an early Std Libelle. Mine is still a model flier's aircraft though, as there is about 20 m^2 of balsa in it: all flying surfaces have glass/balsa/glass sandwich structures top and bottom, a full depth I-beam spar and no ribs.

However, at some point I'll have to hang up my parachute and FF scale looks good for then.

--
Martin    | martin at
Gregorie  | gregorie dot org