pi audio dac install

However that particular board doesn't have a headphone amplifier so the

3.5 mm audio jack is suitable for line out only, not headphones.
Reply to
A. Dumas

tto:

one

ps.

lled "phone jack" (form headphone I think) so I used the same name for the sake of continuity.

of course, they use the headphone jack for line out (same signal as RCA) to save space. As I said I bought this instead of the version with RCA so I didn't need a new box for the RPi.

Bye Jack

Reply to
jack4747

On Wed, 15 Nov 2017 03:12:21 -0800 (PST), snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com declaimed the following:

The 1/4" TS jack/plug (along with TRS, and even more R versions) originated with the old, manual, telephone switchboard, where operators made connections by plugging cables into various sockets. Hence, "phone jack/plug".

RCA jacks/plugs, OTOH, are also commonly referred to as "phono jacks/plugs" -- originally used for connecting phonographs to an amplifier.

Dennis Lee Bieber

Hello Jack,

You know the 3,5 mm pin layout on de Raspberry Pi 1B+, 2B and 3B?

Tip = Left audio First Ring = Right audio Second Ring = Ground Sleeve = Video

Be aware of different configurated 4-pole audio-/video-cables! At the other end there are Chinch/Tulip/RCA male connectors as follows: Red = Audio Left White = Audio Right Yellow = Composite Video

It seems Apple and Zune have the same cable pin layout as the Pi.

But the iPod Video cable has the Left and Right Audio signal changed at the

3,5 mm jack end.

The CamCorder cable is also different of the Pi cable. There the Audio Right and Video are changed at the 3,5 mm jack end.

The worst version is the MP3Player cable, because Video and GND are changed, and also Left and Right are changed. You can not use this MP3Player cable on a Raspberry Pi!

Good luck with it.

Henri.

Reply to
Henri Derksen