NextCloudPi boot hangs

I have a Raspberry 3B+ and wrote the NextCloudPi_RPi_12-20-19 image by Win32DiskImager onto my 32GB microSD card. This worked fine, but booting the Raspi stops after a lot of lines with "Started Uodate UTMP about System Run level Changes" and the system seems to hang now.

I am not familiar with Raspis, this is my first trial.UIsing the initial SD card coming with the starter kit a standard Raspbian OS came up completely and worked . Therefore I wanted to now to come up with the NextCloudPi image.

All informations I found concerning NextCloiudPi problems require a running system, so as my system does not boot completely at all I have some problems. What should I do next?

Thanks, wuez

Reply to
Wendelin Uez

On Fri, 31 Jan 2020 17:01:57 +0100, "Wendelin Uez" declaimed the following:

Just an FYI: Win32DiskImager has been deprecated by many sites in favor of using Etcher to write to flash memory. Etcher can even recognized some compressed file formats so one does not have to always unpack the archive first. (Win32DiskImager does still have a minor usage -- it can create an image file FROM flash memory; though that image is only usable later if the destination memory is identical or larger -- an SD card that claims to be the same size may have reserved more space for internal usage and won't take the image)

Since Raspbian is based upon Debian, I'd probably download the most recent full NOOBS installer

write that to the SD card and run it, letting it install the Raspbian OS. After confirming a working Raspbian (including running "sudo apt update" "sudo apt upgrade" to ensure it is current, and enabling SSH [disabled by default]), I'd THEN execute the "curl" command shown for nextcloudpi
to install/build it on the (Raspbian) system itself.

There are a lot of hits on Google for "Started Update UTMP about System Runlevel Changes" -- though not R-Pi specific. Best suggestion is to check the screen log for other messages that might indicate something failed before that point.

	wlfraed@ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/
Reply to
Dennis Lee Bieber