Newbie: OSX Dev Environment

Yes, I can always create a program that creates a internal loop that fires my process every few seconds, and get this program to be automatically laun ched after login, and configure Rabian with an autologin... but I would pre fer a more conventional solution; that's why I prefer daemons, because they get fired without requiring a previous login.

Victor

El lunes, 23 de mayo de 2016, 19:33:55 (UTC-4), Mart>

Reply to
Victor Espina

For C code, there is a library function in Linux, daemon(), which handles the contortions needed for starting a daemon. man daemon explains it pretty well.

--

-TV
Reply to

The OP expressed a desire for python: There seems to be a daemon package there as well.

What is tricky is sleeping until a specific time mark

As opposed to sleeping a given number of seconds.

A rather cute workaround I found online is this

def wait_until(execute_it_now): while True: diff = (execute_it_now - datetime.now()).total_seconds() if diff

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher