Moode Audio

Has anyone tried Moode Audio ?

I wish I could report on it - but I haven't even been able to get it set up and installed. Its lack of installation guidance is extraordinary.

Apparently in this thread of some 1200+ pages , there are some instructions...

I'm sure that once up and running it's great, but life's just too short.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

This here:

"Enter these commands via SSH on a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian.

  1. Download the Image Builder

cd /home/pi sudo wget -q

-O /home/pi/mosbuild.sh sudo chmod +x /home/pi/mosbuild.sh

  1. Start the Image Builder

sudo ./mosbuild.sh"

...sounds pretty straightforward to me. It didn't work?

- j -

--
Mail address is valid for a limited time only.

Joerg Walther

I have no idea. Things happened for a while. Were they the right things? Who knows? Then they stoppped happening, and there was absolutely no indication whatsoever what to do next. How to launch, configure, use it? A mystery.

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida

Am 29.12.2017 um 12:39 schrieb D.M. Procida:

the script does the following: (from the shellscript itself):

echo "****************************************************************" echo "**" echo "** Moode OS Image Builder $VER" echo "**" echo "** Welcome to the automated process for creating the wonderful" echo "** custom Linux OS that runs moOde audio player." echo "**" echo "** You will need a Raspberry Pi running Raspbian with SSH" echo "** enabled, at least 2.5GB free space on the boot SDCard and" echo "** a spare USB or USB-SDCard drive that the new OS will be" echo "** written to during the build process." echo "**" echo "** Be sure to backup the SDCard used to boot your Pi"

that is, you need 1) a pi with raspbian. 2)enough space on the boot sd.

3) an usb drive on which the image will be written.

after run the shellscript (it tests if the usb drive is there, loads a raspbian, configures the ethernet and asks for configuration and plugins) you have a usb drive from which you boot your new rpi.

the script says: echo "**" echo "** New base OS image created" echo "**" echo "** Remove the USB drive and use it to boot a Raspberry Pi" echo "** The build will automatically continue at STEP 2 after boot" **********************************************************************

I myself didnt do this, because my pi runs osmc. But I have looked inside the script and told you what it does. Hope I could make it clearer....

Reply to
Helmut Harnisch

That says it's audiophool-quality, so not intended for normal people.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Yup, done that. Then I boot up a Pi with the newly built image... and what?

There's a login prompt. No readily findable username/password is advertised, though I eventually discovered it's pi/moodeaudio.

I'm assuming at this point that something has gone wrong, and that if it had all worked correctly, that there'd be a web server running at its IP address, or even a local GUI up and running.

Of course even well-written, carefully designed software sometimes fails, because the real world is a complex place. But software that comes without even the most basic indication of what you could expect to happen is throwing up some pretty high barriers to new users!

Daniele

Reply to
D.M. Procida