How to have a desktop shortcut refer to itself in the "exec" entry ?

Hello all,
I created a simple .desktop shortcut file, and wanted to call a program and
provide it the current shortcuts filename as an argument.
I thought I could use "%k", but as it turns out that only gives the path to
the file, but not the file itself (I must have misread its description).
:-(
My question is, is there any way to get the (full) name af the current
shortcut inside that same shortcut ? Or do I have to use something (a
hack) like "exec= ....... %k/test.desktop" ?
Regards,
Rudy Wieser
Reply to
R.Wieser