chromium - how to set a default profile and how to select the temp profile

Hello all,

One : During my search to how to create a new profile for chromium I found that it normally starts with the last-used one. And that doesn't work for me. Is there a preference setting available to tell chromium [1] to start with the "Default" profile (unless overridden) ?

[1] not by adding "--profile-directory=Default" to shortcuts.

Two : When I look at the "/usr/share/applications/chromium-browser.desktop" shortcut I can see that it has multiple options (standard, temp profile, icognito). How to I get those choices to appear when clicking the shortcut (in the appbar - worldglobe at the top-left of the screen - or on the desktop) ?

Regards, Rudy Wieser

Reply to
R.Wieser