How to activate php7.0 for Nextcloud

I have just updated to Nextcloud 13 on my Raspberry Pi (Stretch). It reports that php 5.6 is installed and I should upgrade to 7.0 which I successfully did. "php -v" shows

PHP 7.0.27-0+deb9u1 (cli) (built: Jan 5 2018 13:51:52) ( NTS )

How can I configure Nextcloud to use the new version?

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

Apparently, Nextcloud is some sort of web service, written in PHP. So, to get Nextcloud to use the updated version of PHP, you have to have your webserver use the updated version of PHP. This would likely entail shutting down and restarting your web server. That should be all you need to do.

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"

I even restarted the Pi but it did not help.

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

OK, then the only other advice I can give you is to check out the Nextcloud installation instructions at

and make sure that all the appropriate requirements, dependancies, and configurations are met.

Sorry

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"
PGP public key available upon request
Reply to
Lew Pitcher

Also, Google is your friend... Try looking for other web resources A quick search pulled up

which may help

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"
PGP public key available upon request
Reply to
Lew Pitcher

Unfortunately not. I searched a while with no avail.

I followed the instruction to install PHP7.0. It appears that php7.0-curl and php7.0-gd were missing. Now they are installed, the Pi restarted but Nextcloud still grumbles about PHP5.6 still in use.

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

A thought.... what version is your apache mod_php? Look through your http config files for a LoadModule line naming a php module. Make sure that it names the php 7 library and not the php 5 library

--
Lew Pitcher
"In Skills, We Trust"
PGP public key available upon request
Reply to
Lew Pitcher

I am not that skilled to find that file. Where do I have to look for it?

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

Configuration files are always in /etc. Do "ls /etc" and see that apache2 is the folder you want. Do "ls /etc/apache2" and see nothing immediately helpful ... so try "grep -lr php /etc/apache2" to print the filenames (-l option) of all configuration files in that dir or subdirs (-r option) containing the string php. (Although I don't know why it didn't list "/etc/apache2/conf-available/phpmyadmin.conf" for me.) Then inspect them one-by-one to see if they need editing, e.g. "grep php /etc/apache2/mods-available/php5.load", while confirming that the configuration is enabled by checking the appropriate "enabled" dir for links, e.g. "ls -al /etc/apache2/mods-enabled"

I don't think this will end well. My advice is to start with a completely fresh Raspbian image. The latest one based on Debian Stretch has php7 in the standard repo, so simply install it together with apache, using apt-get.

Reply to
A. Dumas

phpinfo() is your friend here.

It will produice a web page telling you exactly what's running and where its config files are.

Irs a php function: to invoke it simply wreite a web page

and load that into your browser.

Chances are apache is still picking up old config files

I cant remember but somewhere under /etc/apache2 is the main php config file...

$:/etc/apache2$ find . -name '*php*' ./mods-available/php7.1.load ./mods-available/php7.1.conf ./mods-enabled/php7.1.load ./mods-enabled/php7.1.conf ./conf-enabled/phpmyadmin.conf ./conf-available/phpmyadmin.conf

grovel through some of those sort of things...

private property.

Karl Marx
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Definitely not. Everything else runs fine. But I found this page which explains how to install and setup php7.0 properly.

PHP7.0 is now used by Nextcloud.

But Nextcloud shows messages about the not configured PHP-OPcache. I set up the following as it was recommended by Nextcloud:

opcache.enable=1 opcache.enable_cli=1 opcache.interned_strings_buffer=8 opcache.max_accelerated_files=10000 opcache.memory_consumption=128 opcache.save_comments=1 opcache.revalidate_freq=1

I wrote the changes into

/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini /etc/php/7.0/cli/php.ini /etc/php/7.0/apache2/php.ini

The message does not disappear, even after a restart of apache2 and the Raspi. But Nextcloud runs.

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

I did this already as it was explained here:

Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

It does work now. A second restart of the Raspberry Pi helped.

Thank you for your help, Steffen

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

DuckDuckGo

is an even better friend; it may or may not find more stuff, but at least it doesn't spy on you.

Just say no to Big Brother.

--
/~\  cgibbs@kltpzyxm.invalid (Charlie Gibbs)
\ /  I'm really at ac.dekanfrus if you read it the right way.

If you want the best of both worlds, use startpage.com.

Yes. I mean, no.

Reply to
Andreas Neumann

It does not have anything to do with the used search engine. By the way, I use Startpage.

Reply to
Steffen Bendix

On 2018 Feb 22 00:05:54, you wrote to Lew Pitcher:

SB> I followed the instruction to install PHP7.0. It appears that SB> php7.0-curl and php7.0-gd were missing. Now they are installed, the Pi SB> restarted but Nextcloud still grumbles about PHP5.6 still in use.

you have to adjust the web server config to point to the proper shared module so that the web server is actually running/interfacing with the new PHP... just installing the new PHP doesn't have anything to do with what the web server talks to...

)\/(ark

Always Mount a Scratch Monkey Do you manage your own servers? If you are not running an IDS/IPS yer doin' it wrong... ... "God Jul og Godt Nytt Aar." - Norwegian Christmas

Reply to
mark lewis