ev3 Lego droid R-Pi cross-compile arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc missing

I'm trying to install the C library [1] on my computer (R-Pi Raspbian), but cross compiling it for use on the Lego ev3 droid, but it says, at the "make" step following the instructions at the below URL, that arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc is missing - anyone, how do I get it?

TIA

$ uname -a

Linux raspberrypi 4.9.35-v7+ #1014 SMP Fri Jun 30 14:47:43 BST 2017 armv7l GNU/Linux

[1] The C library for the ev3dev OS:
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Reply to
Emanuel Berg

I edited the makefile like this

# -- compiler ifeq ($(PLATFORM),__UNIX__) # CC = arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc # CXX = arm-linux-gnueabi-g++ # LINK = arm-linux-gnueabi-ar # else CC = gcc CXX = g++ LINK = ar endif

and then changed the permissions +r of the header files, and compiles fine, also executes fine on computer, haven't tried it on the robot yet tho.

--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Reply to
Emanuel Berg

OK, it didn't work,

I now got the hint I should use Docker to cross-compile for the machine, as described here: