Dropdown of popup menu too tall

Is there a way to limit the height of the dropdown when you click on a popup menu? Other OSes seem to handle the situation when the height of a dropdown is more than the screen height, but on my Pi4B it behaves thus:

I click on the menu, the dropdown appears with the top item in the middle of the screen. The dropdown occupies the whole height of the screen, but the top half is blank. I can then use the scroll wheel to scroll the dropdown. The top menu item moves to the top of the screen, at which point the menu dropdown wedges and won't move in either direction.

Are there any system settings to fix this behaviour?

--
Tim
Reply to

I think you should probably say where these menus are coming from. This is not expected behaviour in Debian, and it certainly doesn't happen generally to me. Claws-mail does something similar in one of its boxes, but I suspect an application bug there rather than an OS misconfiguration.

--
Joe
Reply to

It's an app I have written in Xojo. It works fine under macOS, Mint 20.1 Cinnamon, and Win7/10 (with the Lin/Win OSes running under macOS in VMs using VirtualBox). The problem comes only on the Pi4B using the supplied OS.

--
Tim
Reply to

Sound like a bug or restriction in Xojo. Seems like you might have better luck asking the people from Xojo; you paid money, they should be responsible for bug fixes and other support.

Reply to
A. Dumas

That's in the works too.

--
Tim
Reply to

One way would be to define your screen to be a virtual screen larger than the physical screen. Then you can scroll the screen simply with the mouse. For a demo of this try vtwm - it's set up that way. You'd need an entry in your xorg configuration file. Or use randr.

Reply to
ray