Doesn't take them long...

I guess so, sorry for my ignorance. (I wouldn't have guessed that they did that, and if so, that it would be so obscure.)

What if you send your own custom Org header with your client, though, does it still get reset by ES? Thunderbird can do it, at least I did it in the past, I think it needed an extension.

Reply to
A. Dumas

+1
Reply to
Tony van der Hoff

ES seems to let through whatever is specified (I hope), the spider thing is just a default.

Reply to
Anssi Saari

I don't think I've ever had wearout exactly either since I haven't used sticks for heavy writes. But plenty of sudden announcements along the lines of "this media seems unformatted, would you like to format it" when the stick just quits. Anandtech also recently claimed in a podcast that USB flash is bottom of the barrel in quality and SD cards are just a little above it. I suppose that's really just an opinion with no evidence. But my experience over the years hasn't been that great. Although my first 16 MB USB stick still worked, last time I tried it.

Uh, I thought we were talking about having just /usr on USB. That's not going to be bootable now is it? Do routers generally even boot from USB?

Reply to
Anssi Saari