delayed start

On pi3 or 4 with raspbian I get a very long delay displaying:

... on demand unless shift pressed

I don't know if that is the actual delay point or whether it's something immediately after that doesn't show any text.

On the Pi3 if I run devuan, I don't get this delay. Unfortunately devuan doesn't yet work of the the P4.

Any help appreciated.

--
W J G
Reply to

I don't know what this means:

cpu-governor - Raspberry Pi service to switch to ondemand cpu governor (unless shift key is pressed) during boot up.

--
Mike Easter
Reply to