bullseye

Some of you may have noticed a 'bullseye' repository in raspberrypi.org site. Bullseye is the code name for the next 'stable' Debian release. This got me to wondering if I could do an in place upgrade to 'bullseye'. So, yesterday I started with a virgin microSD card, copied the 'lite' version of raspberry pi os to it; did update/upgrade; and then changed the sources.list file to point at 'bullseye' instead of 'buster'. I then did the update/upgrade and found that it worked quite well. I did have to download two .deb files from the Debian armhf repos to solve a dependency issue and then finished. It seems to have worked fine.

Reply to
ray carter

Hello Ray,

Interesting. What Pi model did you use that on? Does that OS also work on a Raspberry Pi 4B 8GB?

Henri.

Reply to
Henri Derksen

Used a pi4 2gb. So I don't see any reason it woudn't work. ray

Reply to
ray