Booting the PI

AIUI, the GPU is used to boot the PI through its SD card interface.

Is there any info around on the file format needed, as my interest (and professional experience going back over 40 years) is as a low-level OS and driver bod?

Also, has anyone attempted to adapt a hard disk to emulate the SD card interface?

Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer

A. Dumas

Many thanks for the heads up.

I must get around to unboxing them :-), I've got a Pi 1, a Pi2 and a Pi 3 but never commissioned any of them, being somewhat put off by the degree of software integration, being a low level man, (Not Invented Here!), but now that the future is 64 bit, for me the Pi 3 has to be the future.

Reply to
Gareth's Downstairs Computer

You are a bone idle attention-seeking troll.

I bet you $10 that you'll be asking all the same questions in 2019.

Reply to
Gooner