Subject Author Posted Replies

Nokia 1100 flashing of languages file
Bought this old phone for my parents. Unfortunately the language needed is missing. After extensive research found what I believe are the post programming files to be installed as language pack. It...
1
1

JBL Flip3
JBL Flip3 is a no-longer supprted bluetooth speaker the size of a flashlight - sold for
10
10

September Kutztown
To all and sundry: Everything you need to know. Look for me at the Club Table. I understand this is a more international venue than many - but if one is into vintage electronics along with a bit of...

Shower mixing valve problem??
A relative in Georgia says that five or six months ago, suddenly one of the showers started only running hot water. Should I call the Georgia state AFL-CIO? How do I find out the name of the last...
3
3

Replacing Electrolytics with NOS parts
Hi all, Is this okay? I'm talking about replacing electros that have been in service for like 30+ years and which have a rep for failing by then (Frako caps) with old but unused electrolytics; so...
12
12

Vehicle ABS ECU circuit question please.
Hi all, I'm trying to test the functionality of a car ABS unit as far as it not putting up the ABS fault light and pre a professional refurb. The fault code was 'open rear wheel speed sensor' but the...

Ryobi propels not cuts
Seems my Ryobi 40V 6mAH mower wants to go broncho busting withou doing any cutting. At some point, the cutter engages. I've run it without any self-propelling. ANd strangely this behavior is only in...

Has anyone ever heard of transmitting sound over power-line?
"Has anyone ever heard of transmitting sound over power-line? The situation I am running into is where someone is transmitting sound thru powerline and then the device they are using for the output is...
3
3

Free technical Trade Mags
THere used to be plenty of free technical magazines with audited circulation. Are they all online? If not, who are the major publishers? THere used to be a web site where you could subscribe to all of...

Doppler for pipes
After I used kil-a-wat to monitor electric use, we thought of using doppler ultrasound and even magnetism (water is ionic, after all) to track water end even steam usage. I never got a gadget cheap...
6
6

Live wire detector
Phone dudes hook up a line to a device which sends a frequency thru th eline so you can find where it physically leads to. How can I buy a low cost (low use) version of such a gadget? One that also...
2
2

Multifunction printers
Please advise. I'm looking for a heavy duty sole-practitioner multifunction printer, fax, scanner, &c (was gonna jibe: toothbrush, vaccuum, dishwasher, and pet shampooer). I'm guessing I need to spend...
11
11

Re: DIHL peltier chiller cabinet, WF 218D
If you coasted your time for all this, you could have bought a new one. Brian

Sphere Research Corporation (BC) going out of business.
A number of us here, I'm sure, have used Sphere's web site (located in Kamloops BC) for either finding odd test gear or parts to fix same. Or nixie tubes and other odds and ends... the owner (Walter...

Part number of smd 16-pin DIL ic LAMBORGHINI electric Kid car
I am repairing a Red Lamborghini toy electric car control board and I am suspecting a surface mount 16 pin ic but the ic has no part number on it. after removing the ic, I saw this number under the...