Subject Author Posted Replies

LH Research Power Supply Mighty Mite
Anyone have any info on how to get these to switch on. The rear panel has a 25 pin D connector, I guess sense, fail, operate lines etc. Powers on and fans run but no output. Model No MightyMite MMA31...
3
3

Need connector pinouts for SILCA CAN Data Router
Hello, I'm trying to repair a SILCA CAN SDD Data Router for a locksmith friend of mine. It has a DB25F connector on the rectangular portion of it that houses the electronics and a DB15F on a tail that...
2
2

Phonic SEM712A
Good Day All I have a Phonic SEM712A Powered speaker that I am in the process of repairing. It has 2 Power Amp Boards (Identical, One for LF, and One for HF). The details on the amp boards are : 94v0...
2
2

Bose Wave Radio for sale!
1
1

Higher wattage for a resistor ever bad?
When I come across a burnt resistor, I usually replace it with one rated for twice the wattage as the original, but I was told it's sometimes bad to do that. Why? I'm not referring to fuse resistors...
40
40

technics SL-XP1A manual
Hi all, I'm looking for the service manual of the portable cd-player Technics SL-XP1A. This old player is still able to play well some discs, but most of them either don't play at all or have much...
2
2

Completely isolating a mobile phone
I threw it into a tin can then invert it. It still rang when I dialed its number. Must I use aluminium foil? Why does Al make a difference? -- @~@ You have the right to remain silent. / v Simplicity...
34
34

online calculator or formula applicable to gauge less than 50 SWG ?
All online and my tables stop at 50 SWG. I don't know if the standard copper resistivity formula breaks down over/less than 50 SWG. Wire in question , measured optically to about 0.05 mm diameter as...
5
5

Slightly OT: bizarre hair dryer repair
In repairing a hair dryer which was working intermittently, I found a break in the copper wiring inside the power cable. There was no external damage to the cable to suggest that anything had happened...
6
6

Minifon P55 wire recorder , pocket size of mid 1950s
Anyone aware of any pitfalls for the unwary renovator? Its been in an English garden shed for 40 years. But all mechanicals seem to be ok ,despite patchy rust and grime. Spool bearings and sprung...
20
20

ST CHN k449 78M
Hello, Do you know the type or designation of the composant ST CHN k449 78M Thanks for your response. Best regard
2
2

Repir problem on Velodyne F-1800RII subwoofer speaker
voice voice braid epoxy their to how using area, but to get the spider and With good forced ventillation, excavate it with an old soldering iron and a needle of some sort
2
2

Guitar body 0.25 inch jack socket with switch
Is the isolated switch just for the situation of switching on an inbuilt guitar amplifier or is it somehow wired in to cut plug-in bangs through an amplifier. I don't see how the latter as first...
1
1

TV beginning to fail
10 y.o. CRT, switch it on in the morning, it flickers a lot, then settles down 5 mins later. During the day, a couple of times I see an amber coloured "thin line flash" and hear a crack/pop noise....
1
1

Bose Wave Radio for sale?
All: Does anyone have a slightly used but nearly new Bose Wave Radio and remote for sale for a reasonable price?
1
1