Subject Author Posted Replies

Is it theorectically or practically even possible to mooch off if a typical WISP
Is it theorectically or practically even possible to mooch off if a typical WISP In the iPhone newsgroups, a typical Apple Fundamentalist assumed I mooch off of my SF Bay Area Santa Cruz Mountain WISP...
12
12

Diagnose Inverter motor dirve - aircon unit
Hi all, I have an aircon unit that failed. Fault code 'PU' says the capacitor charging circuit failed, this is confirmed by checking the voltage at the three large electrolytic caps which show 43vdc,...
4
4

IcePower 200ASC amp module
Hi, can't find any schematics for this module - its a Bang & Olufsun combined SMPS/Class D audio amp PCB. The one I have has the exact same fault as this one: Blown cap (presumably), but no way of...
25
25

Behringer GMX1200H guitar amp, 2011 (?)
Stock fault ? Phones o/p but no sp o/p. Both pcb traces to the main bridge rects fried. 2xLM3886 seem ok cold DVM "test". Both main caps good ESR and capacity, diodes test ok. Both main caps bowed...
2
2

Need Recharge education
I have 13 chest type freezers, a couple of upright freezers and a two Ice Machines having to do with my business. The freezers are not always in use, so are shut off until needed. I have one or two...
3
3

Wow & Flutter Meters
So, hoped to have left all this mechanical error measurement stuff behind me back in the 80's but I guess with the renewed interest in vinyl its all coming out of the woodwork. Leader LFM=3610 W&F...
16
16

Help identifying connector
(The images of the plug are stills from a video. I don?t have it in my possession.) The header measures approx.: pin dia: 0.6 mm,0.024 in spacing: 3.85 mm, 0.152 in How can I identify the type of...
4
4

LG DVD Player Won't Turn Off
5 year old BP620 used primarily for streaming media. Long ago the WiFi became flakey so I used an old router as an AP and plugged into the ethernet port. Worked fine for several years. Now the wired...
2
2

Sony CRT TV not switching on
I have got a Sony Wega Flat CRT TV ? KV-AR21M83. One day its pictur e gone bad. Before this it never gave problem. Its picture started to give disturbance, coloration problem, colour bleeding and also...
21
21

Could this be power supply related?
I have a computer with a funky power supply. It won't turn on until something in it is warm enough. I have ordered another but a new problem has cropped up in this computer. The monitor said there was...
8
8

LM317 Votage Regulator Instability?
Hi all, I'm having serious difficulty trying to get this issue resolved and was wondering if anyone here has come across the same problem. I've got a linear PSU that uses a LM317 (TO-220 case) to drop...
40
40

Extech DC clamp meter, large DC offset developed.
Just got a Extech 845 , 1000 amp AC/DC clamp with a basic DMM on it and IR.. I used the DC amp once, it worked.. put the meter away, next day used it again. As soon as I select DC amps now, it shows a...
11
11

Laptop power socket/plug problem
Been in there and resoldered , still intermittant. Don't think its a break inside the power lead. Seems to be in an annular sense, if the line "plug" lays in one "o'clock" angle then contact breaks....
5
5

replacing 12v halogens with LEDs?
I have been having severe problems with 12v halogen "spot"lights. My Satco strip seems to blow its individual internal mini-transformers behi nd the bulb about every other time the bulb blows. I also...
15
15

Deoxt
I have not used it but just bought a spray can of Deoxit. From reading about it, it seems to be the greatest stuff for cleaning contacts. I have an old Tectronix Scope 465B that one chanel has a...
40
40