Subject Author Posted Replies

Yamaha EMX2000 repair
Hi, had one of these powered mixers on the bench this week - but without a clea r fault report! The unit belongs to a church and was brought in by a regul ar customer, who did not use it personally....
6
6

Resistance of thermal switch in thermocouple - does it matter - hot water heater - generic replacement
Does the difference in resistance matter if you replace a 24-inch 30mv thermocouple that has a thermal switch versus one without the thermal switch? I bought a generic Honeywell 30mv 24-inch...
24
24

Repairing damaged ribbon connector slot
I had some free time the other day and figured out the issue with my basket case i7 (bent power supply connection pin on the motherboard.) It's powering up now. Unfortunately it looks like the ribbon...
17
17

Recommendations for Failed Samsung Power Supply?
Received a Samsung UN32EH4003FXZA LED TV with starting problems. From experience with this model guessed it had bad cap(s) so checked the Power Supply and found the 47uF 160 V cap starting to bulge....
20
20

6 million dollar ford pickup?
I guess Steve Austin would own one.. bob

OT How does my car's AC work?
OT This is ot but I figure I have a better chance of getting a good answer here than most other places. After only 4 days over 90 in Baltimore last summer, so far this summer we've had about 33 with...
31
31

Spectraphysics DCR-11 schematics
Hi folks, I am looking for Spectraphysics DCR-11 electronics diagram. I have a manual with block diagram which helped me to figure out that the source of the la ser malfunction is in switching high...

Sony dvd recorder RDRC100
Has anyone managed to change the hard disk drive in one of the above? I th ink that if I take the 160 GB HD out and using another 1 TB disk of the the same characteristic to make a clone of the Sony...
1
1

Meteor shower tonight
Fellow tinkerers....this one is supposed to have twice as many as normal. The story is that the best time is after midnight, after the moon goes down. Best way is to lie flat on a lawn chair with a...
1
1

Vox AC30, vintage
Owner decided to power up on full 240V mains after being in an English garage for many years. Worked perfectly before "storage" and well for a few minutes and then arcing and sparking crackling noise...
13
13

OT: Kutztown XXXV
KUTZTOWN XXXV September 16 & 17, 2016 Time to start planning now ? Kutztown is very probably the largest vintage radio and electronic equipment show in the US, possibly the world. Hundreds of dealers,...

Valve amp HV switches
I have a fairly vintage valve amplifier with a dead HT (standby) switch. It's this kind of format, SPST rocker: Now, this switches the rectified HT winding from the transformer, which is around the...
15
15

Attempting Android setup perfection - I ask your suggestions for improvement
I am attempting Android setup perfection - therefore I ask for your suggestions for improvement... As an experiment, today I reset my ancient S3 not-rooted Android phone to factory defaults, and...
20
20

My Sanyo portable model, VCR 7300, needs the loading
My Sanyo portable model, VCR 7300, needs the loading mechanism fixed & the tape head cleaned. My SonyBETA model 2700-B, needs the tape head cleaned, and the backup program battery replaced, and the...
8
8

DC relay on AC?
DC is more problematic to switch than AC and a switch or relay designed for AC must be derated (often massively) to use with DC. But what about the reverse? I have an automotive type relay rated 40A...
5
5