Yamaha R-V905 repair

A friend of mine gave me a Yamaha R-V905 that was broken. It will power up however it is stuck in DVD/LD as an input. I tried running audio through that input however - nothing. Trying any controls on the front panel provide no response. I am fairly good at electronics and board work. However - I have really never delt with this type of unit.

I have opened the lid and it was very nice to see that this is a pretty modular type of unit.

I know that this is a pretty broad question - what could be wrong? Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Reply to
spider280

It's going to need some actual troubleshooting, I'm pretty sure....

Are you able to read a schematic? I can send you a PDF of the service manual. It's about 10 meg, and you'll need WinRAR to re-assemble it.

You can e-mail me direct at:

snipped-for-privacy@labolgcbs.net

and reverse the domain name to read, "sbcglobal".

Mark Z.

Reply to
Mark D. Zacharias

But if you reverse the domain name, it reads ten.sbcglobal. What do we do with the other nine? :)

--
   If only there was a Republican running for President of the United States.
Reply to

Mark -

I have a copy of the schematic. I am not sure if that is the full service manual or not. Yes, I can read schematic. However - I will email you as well just to make sure I have the full service manual. Yeah, I am kinda lost to even begin where to start with this thing! Thanks for the response!

Eric

Reply to
spider280