Washing machine controls

Even if the fault was inside the unit, you'd likely be able to easily fix the thing due to good documentation and parts supply.

I just looked at an LG electric oven service manual. It goes on and on about all the places the solder connections will crack. It's sort of sad actually. The guide is clearly written to satisfy quick and dirty warranty repairs.

Reply to
Cydrome Leader

I _really_ hope that's true, because I ended up buying a Speed Queen. Whether I fell for the hype or made a good choice will take a long time to learn. Price was roughly the same from the local dealer as for an on line purchase, the dealer has a parts and service department that maybe will be helpful. For even money, I went local.

I'd suggest that tumble drying is a major source of wear; just look in the lint trap. A short wash cycle won't hurt, if it gets things clean enough. On that basis I elected to keep the old dryer, which is almost never used, and spend the savings on a better washing machine.

The service manual question is still unresolved. I did notice that Dexter Laundry puts their manuals on-line gratis, but they don't have much of a dealer network and the machines are rather large. If there's need, maybe my dealer's service department will help.

Thanks to everybody who replied, this was a most interesting thread!

bob prohaska

Reply to
bob prohaska