Warwick Sonic III amp

Not the cause of the problem that it is here for repair, but I cannot return it to the owner with this glaring potential (in both senses) fault, presumably the same for all such Warwick amps. One large heatsink with +75V on it and the other at -75V and 2.5mm between the two , both mounted on standard polyester pcb with chassis standoffs well away from the heatsinks. Discharged both before this test of course, requires only 1.5Kg of force between the 2 heatsinks to narrow the gap to

1.5mm. Have amp designers never seen the internals of their stuff resonating/oscillating mounted in or on speaker cabs, especially bass amps such as this?

N_Cook

Ran into similar design phenomena in a Berringer Euro Power powered mixer. Left me sitting scratching my noggin wondering what the hell were they thinking.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Well Meat, you answered your own question there ! It was a Behringer, so they weren't thinking at all ... !! d;~}

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Heh I don't even know how to spell the damn name. I won't work on that crap unless it's store stock. However I was mildly impressed (sonically) with the BX4500 amp. I won't look inside, that will no doubt spoil things.

Reply to
Meat Plow

Makes me want to resurrect my old Harmon Kardon A500 tube amp with its ambiance knob set high!

Reply to
jeff