Wanted: Someone to examine switchmode power supply...

Hello all...

I have a computer switchmode power supply from an IBM PS/2 Model 95 computer. It is a Delta made 335W power supply, IBM FRU 92F0051.

For no apparent reason the supply stopped working. It simply will not power up and doesn't even try to do so. The outputs do not appear to be shutting down. As best I can test them, the capacitors appear to be in fine working order. At the time of failure, it just plain stopped running. The computer is undamaged and runs from another power supply.

I'm desperately seeking help with this power supply. I don't really care if it ever runs again...but I want to know why it failed. This is the second time this has happened on two different circuits shared by other computers that keep running fine. If it can be fixed, so much the better, but that's a secondary goal at best. I'm looking for anyone in the US who would be willing to look at this supply. I'll be happy to pay a reasonable fee to have it looked at. As you might be able to guess, I can't find anyone locally who will look at it. I lack the skills to work inside it safely and this is not a power supply that can just be purchased off the shelf somewhere and dropped into place.

I'll pay shipping both ways. References would be appreciated and preferred. You can post here to the group, or send a private e-mail to wct walshcomptech com. I'll consider any offer, but lower priced or "for free" offers are preferred.

Thank you!

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

contact tom at syrotech industries he may have a used one for you Winnipeg Manitoba Canada (204) 942-7900

Reply to
fireater

William R. Walsh ha scritto:

Try to replace them