Wanted: Beta Alignment Tapes

Does anyone know where to find alignment tapes for Beta VCR's? I see them mentioned on several sites (with numbers such as Sony KR5-1M) but can't find them for sale anywhere. I have a number of Beta units I'd like to properly refurbish to sell, I've been managing without these tapes so far but tracking / servo alignments are very tricky indeed. I'll probably never have a slick operation like operation like

; he has all the equipment I either can't find or can't afford..... just like everything else I try to do, I never have the right equipment or the money to buy it with.

Reply to
Chris F.

Seriously, that guy makes me feel like a complete amateur. But I suppose when you have money, you can get all the equipment and training you want.

Reply to
Chris F.

Just a thought...

Do you have a Beta deck you /know/ to be in near-perfect alignment? A recording made on such a deck might be useful for aligning other decks.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Well I have recordings made on decks that appeared to be working fine, but I have no way of knowing if they were perfectly aligned. I also have some prerecorded tapes but of course they only use the BII speed. And I don't have anything recorded in BI at all - if someone has some BI recordings they'd sell, I'd be interested in them.

Reply to
Chris F.