Betamax VCR Alignment Tapes - Which Do I Need?

I've been collecting a number of Betamax VCRs over the past couple of years, and doing only basic refurbishing such as belt and tire replacement, checking caps, etc. I have a chance to buy some original Sony alignment cassettes, but there are several available and I'm wondering which ones I need: Alignment tapes:

KR5-1 KR5-1S KR5-1M KR5-1V KR5-2ED

Tension tapes:

SL0003-C SL0004

Can I assume that the KR5 and SL- series tapes are basically the same? (except for the KR5-2ED, which is for the Extended Definition format). Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
Chris F.

You know, since you've sort of made yourself a Beta repository, you might as well get all of them, "just in case."

You'll hate yourself later if you need one you could have bought but didn't.

Jeff

--
"Everything from Crackers to Coffins"
Reply to

Reply to
Chris F.

alignment

KR-1V.

Sod's Law being what it is , if you have only one test tape it will snag and get mangled , stretch or delaminate in the vital section.

Reply to
N_Cook

er

me

and

xt -

Is Sod related to Murphy? If so, what/who is Sod?

Reply to
hrhofmann

ater

sume

is

g and

text -

If you don't mind my asking are there more of these latest version tapes available and if so what is the cost? Lenny

Reply to
klem kedidelhopper