Vizo HDMI ports not working.

Hi Group, can someone help please, I replaced the main board 3655-0342-0150 (41)... on a Vizio M550SV, the hdmi ports do not work. I resoldered the pin s, and followed the suggestions in coppell tv repair video for a short did not find one,,,..

any help i n this matter will be taken seriously, Thanks,

Reply to
Stu jaxon

50(41)... on a Vizio M550SV, the hdmi ports do not work. I resoldered the p ins, and followed the suggestions in coppell tv repair video for a short di d not find one,,,..
any help in this matter will be taken seriously, Thanks,

Your replacement board is bad..

There are *two* HDMI problems on that Am-Tran main: the first is a bad HDMI transceiver chip. If the TV catches some lightning back through the cable box, the HDMI chip will die. If the chip gets hot to the back of a finger within 15 seconds or so it's bad. The second problem is that the ball gri d chip under the heatsink is either bad or needs a reflow. Reflows last 1-

3 years by my estimation before the problem returns, and assuming of course you don't toast the BGA while reflowing it.
Reply to
ohger1s