ViewSonic VG150c TFT doesn't switch on

Hi there,

I have a ViewSonic VG150c TFT (made in 2001), which doesn't switch on. When I connect the external power supply, the "hidden" LED on the main board of the screen is on, but when I press the on-button, there is no reaction, but a "click"-sound on the main board and a jitter of the "hidden" LED. The LED on the front panel doesn't switch on.

o Which electronic component can make "click", since there is no relay on the board? Is this a hint, what could be wrong with the TFT?

o Where can I download a Service Manual for this TFT for free, I believe any VG150*-Manual would be fine!

Thank you!

Lucas.

Reply to
asklucas

There is most likely a failure in the power supply or something on one of the boards, or the display itself that is pulling too much current.

At the service rep, they fix these at the modular level only, unless the fault is very simple.

Viewsonic will not support any outside service. You will have to send them the monitor, or replace it, if the fault is not something simple that you can do at home.

In some LCD's I have had some types of problems that were temperature related. In these cases, most of the time I found bad caps using an ESR meter. If it turned out to be a propriotory compenent(s), or an inbeded device, then the monitor either went back to the manufacture service, or it got binned. The determination was based on the replacement cost. Some of the monitors I have serviced were very high end.

Jerry G.

Reply to
Jerry G.