Vertical line on RCA model F31224GG

I am trying to repair a RCA model F31224GG that has no horizontal deflection. sound, video and vertical deflection is working. Nothing appeared to be burnt, and the diodes and capacitors in the hv circuit were not shorted. The resistance of the horizontal yoke winding is about an ohm, (vs. 9 ohms for the vertical winding). A scope reading across the yoke reveals severe ringing at many times the sweep freq. (The waveform resembles an AM modulated carrier signal)

Is the yoke possibly shorted, or maybe the flyback? I suppose the hoirz. drive could be way off freq, but I highly doubt it.

This t.v. has a bonded yoke that says do not remove. this yoke has only deflection windings. Where did all those convergence coils go?

Is this t.v. worth fixing?

Any info you can give will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Chris Barker

There are only three things that can cause that symptom.

  1. Return capacitor on the yoke line.
  2. Open Yoke.

  1. Open circuit/trace/connection on the yoke return line.

Reply to
dkuhajda

Do you have any way to ring the horizontal yoke windings?

Tom

Reply to
Tom MacIntyre

Reply to