Vacuum pump flap valve material

Used as external source of vacuum for an OKI SA4 desolder station but not necessarily OKI. Perhaps 20 to 30 years old. Simple 25W Japanese motor driving epicyclic rotary to reciprocatory bearing with linkage to a disc of rubber . Other side of the rubber a chamber with a Al closure plate with 2 holes and matching cover with a gasket between. This gasket has what was probably 2 simple flaps profiled from the disc which has disintegrated, seating over the hole/well combinations in Al disc and cover. The material now looks like , and has the structural integrity of , translucent orangey-brown gelatine sheet. At the moment I'm profiling a disc of silicon rubber, but if that does not work , anyone have any idea what the original material was?

Reply to
N_Cook

the

the

,

Where do you get this stuff from, it is unique to the UK?

Reply to
hrhofmann

When I had my Weller DS900 (oh why did I ever replace it with the crap Pace that I've got now ?) I made new flap valves for the vacuum pump using a flat VCR drive belt. I just cut them out using a small sharp scalpel. Worked a treat ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

the

the

Seems to work with silicone rubber. I suspect the original material was that translucent orange-brown formulation of latex they use for baby feeding bottle teats

Reply to
N_Cook

Blimey ! When was the last time that you were involved with baby bottles ? I don't think they've actually been that orange-y coloured stuff since we had our kids 30 years ago ! The ones that my daughters have now are all just semi- clear ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily