USB Type C question

Nothing I found will answer this simple question >>> Does a usb type c port need something connected to negotiate for the output power to be turned on ??

Reply to
KenW

OK it shows no voltage, the reason for my question

Reply to
KenW

Maybe it is defective? I think a USB-C charger can be used on older devices with just a passive adapter, so it should be compatible with that.

Reply to
Rob

Not trying to charge anything. It is an open circuit so I was expecting to see 5v there like any other usb.

Reply to
KenW

USB c does not provide voltage.

Reply to