UPC trouble!

I have a Tripp Lite BC-450 UPC, that works, but puts out 145 volts AC, instead of the normal 120 vlots AC. I can't find any semiconductors shorted, or overheating, it just runs at too high an output. I'm using a fully charged acid 12 volt car battery as it's source! Input anyone? Dani.

Reply to
Dani

How are you measuring the voltage? Many meters will not give accurate RMS readings with the modified sine wave waveforms most of the UPS generate.

David

Reply to
David