Pinout For Compaq Power Supply

My DeskPro Ex power supply died. Compaq PS 6201-6C3 Compaq replacement is 201828-001 I have several standard ATX replacements that would fit the case but the wire colors don't match up and I believe the wiring was different. I found a pinout for Deskpro En on the Compaq ftp site but I'm not sure its the same as the Ex [they don't provide wire colors]. Does anyone have a wiring diagram so I can convert a standard ATX PS to work? Thanks.

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
Reply to

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:56:48 -1000, "John Keiser" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Is this it?

Compaq Deskpro EP, EN and some servers power supply pinout:

Otherwise try ...

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Nice site; I wonder if it makes sense to try to mirror that site in case it goes 'south'?

Michael

Reply to
msg

In case someone reads this in the future, the Deskpro EX uses a standard ATX power supply, the wire colors are simply non-standard. [DeskPro EN uses a different pinout.]

--
Remove -NOSPAM- to contact me.
Reply to

On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 01:56:17 -0600, msg put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've been using that site for quite some time. Hopefully it's here to stay. FWIW, the Wayback Machine appears to have begun archiving it in April 2004.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On Sun, 23 Mar 2008 15:56:48 -1000, "John Keiser" put finger to keyboard and composed:

One way to determine the pinout is to use a multimeter to test for continuity between the ATX connector and the known supply pins (+12V,

-12V, +3.3V, +5V) at the PCI slots:

If your original PSU is at least partially functional, then you could power it up without a load and check for the presence of +5VSB or

+3.3VSB at the connector.

Otherwise, if you open it up, the PCB may have the voltages marked on it.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar