Unknown Turntable belt size - how to determine?

If you still cannot find one. Try making your own , details on my tips files below. Find a scooter/motor bike inner tube right sort of diameter , cut a strip, cut across the width to make thinner . Maybe cut from a flat sheet of .5 or

1mm rubber. The set in the "cylinder" probably no matter for a record deck, smaller one for cassette deck requires offsetting angle of the ballister pulley drive.

N_Cook

Hi!

I did, and it may show up here later today when the mail comes. Or so I hope.

I really rather liked the paper belt idea proposed by another poster on this thread. I may have to try that if for no other reason than to say that "yes, I have made a paper belt for a turntable".

Not that anyone's likely to ask. But I will know.

In all seriousness, if I do have to try and make one myself, I'm sure I can puzzle through it and I appreciate the advice you have offered.

William

Reply to
William R. Walsh

On 6/9/2010 1:16 PM William R. Walsh spake thus:

Thank you. That was me. The paper belts I made lasted a surprisingly long time. If you don't use the turntable all that often you may not have to make another one for quite a while.

David Nebenzahl