ua703 and ta7061 data

Hello all,

I'm trying to fix a Yaesu FT-221 VHF transceiver. The fault seems in the FM-IF board, now I haven't been able to find on the net datasheets of the uA703HC (if amplifier?) and of the TA-7061AP (amplitude limiter?) integrated circuits. I checked all other semiconductors with DC test and they all look good. I will probably check all electrolytics with ESR meter but since this unit failed during a lightining storm I suspect a semiconductor fault. Anyone having even a paper copy of those datasheets? I would refund copy expenses. TIA

Francesco IZ8DWF

Reply to
francesco.messineo

Just Google both numbers. The 703 IC was a high failure item in the IF stages of many tuners. Usually open so a quick test was a small cap across the device.

Bruce

Reply to
BH

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 12:22:39 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

On 27 Giu, 00:06, Franc Zabkar wrote: Hello,

Thanks for the data. Are these NTE devices still available? My error was googling for the original part number. I wasn't aware of these clones.

Francesco

Reply to
francesco.messineo

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 00:28:44 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have no idea.

NTE is in the business of supplying replacements:

$$Search?OpenForm

You may also find ECG replacements with the same number, ie ECG703A and ECG1100.

Go here for datasheets and suggestions for similar parts, although I'd be very wary of the suggestions:

The LM703 appears to be a match for the uA703:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar